Call (419) 350-1657 for Toledo Crack Sealing
Asphalt surface stress cracks need to be filled and/or sealed to prevent water intrusion from entering asphalt surfaces in Toledo, Ohio. There are hot and cold methods when applying Toledo crack sealants:
Hot Toledo Crack Sealing Process:
- Specialized Toledo crack sealing hot rubber compounds are used.
- Product applications are heated to the proper temperature in a melter unit equipped with agitation and a temperature monitoring machine.
- The heated material is pumped into the cracks.
Cold Toledo Crack Sealing Process:
- Specialized cold-pour material is typically used for Toledo crack sealing.
- The cold-pour is then filled into the crack using pour pots or other containers.
- Cold-pour products need curing by evaporating the moisture in them
For all installations, cracks must be clean and dry for the best results. The Toledo crack sealing process consists of:
- Cleaning out debris by using compressed air.
- Cutting the reservoir if needed with a crack saw or router
- Determining the type of cracking which will establish the type of Toledo crack sealing filling, materials and methods.
- Installing the hot rubberized hot material or cold-pour fill.
Correctly designed and applied Toledo crack sealing will last between 3 and 5 years or more and will help prolong your asphalt pavement life as crack sealing is essential for long term pavement protection.